We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Young Business Man

My youngest kiddo,
is an energetic 7 year old
with big dreams for his life.

First, I'd like to just say
I wish I could dream that big
and Second, I hope they all
come true for him-

He is ALWAYS,
and I mean
ALWAYS,
asking to go door to door
selling some type of ware-

Homemade art work,
lemonade, cookies-
you name it and he wants to
SALE it- none of this
giving away garbage!

And as his mom,
I am ALWAYS saying NO!

So when our neighborhood put up
signs about a neighborhood garage sale,
I decided it was the perfect opportunity
for him to have a small
business venture!
I told him he could have a bake sale,
offering Lemonade, cookies and our
famous cupcakes, but he had to help!
He took it very seriously!!
He researched recipes online,
decided on what he wanted to offer
and made the shopping list.

He made a schedule of when we needed
to start cooking so I we could get it all
made and prepared.

That morning,
he set some magical internal clock that
isn't available for school days,
got dressed, cleaned his bedroom and
bathroom and made breakfast for
everyone.
By 9 o'clock, he was out and ready to go!
"VERY IMPRESSED" says I!!

He had so much fun and all I kept thinking
was how easy was this-
OK, I know it wasn't easy like sitting on a
beach reading a good book is easy,
but it was "watching a boys dreams and desires
come to fruition, seeing his sense of
responsibility peak to new heights,
watching him experience pride, joy and
happiness each time he had a customer
purchase one of his wares" EASY!

He loved it and for a few hours one Saturday
morning, I realized that magic happens
when a dreamer and doer get together and
make hopes become reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment