We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Good Morning Banana Muffins

It has been SOOO Hot
here in Sunny & Humid Dallas, TX!

I was doing fine this first ever
summer spent in the Dallas area,
but I'd be lying if I didn't confess that
I am absolutely, positively, 100%
READY for fall weather.

Well, I think all this heat and humidity
is making for a hotter house!
And a hotter house is making for fruits
that are getting ripe faster than usual!!

So when I woke up to BANANAS that
were more soft than any of us will eat-
I knew what was for breakfast-
NOT my favorite BANANA CAKE silly,
though you know me too well,

No! It was our favorite Banana Muffins.



Banana Muffins w/ Cinnamon & Sugar Topping

1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup oil
1 egg, slightly beaten

Heat oven to 400. Line Baking cups with liners or
generously coat with your favorite spray.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Stir in remaining ingredients just until dry
ingredients are moistened.
Fill baking cups.
Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately remove from pan.
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup Coarse Turbinado Sugar
(or regular sugar if you desire) and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
Brush muffin tops with melted butter and dip in
cinnamon sugar mixture.

YUMMY to our morning TUMMIES!


No comments:

Post a Comment