We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Friday, November 11, 2011

Grilled London Broil

So...
Have I mentioned I am moving??
Well as of now,
I am currently in Texas,

but my stuff is in California-
I think technically that means I am in LIMBO!!

But whilst loving my LIMBO,
I thought I would share another recipe from
our Going Away Parties.

I found myself in a bit of a bind,
see we Peterson's don't go to the
grocery store and buy our meat.
NOOOO!
We buy a full COW,
have it raised, slaughtered and cut
JUST the WAY we LIKE it!

So with this very quick and unexpected move,
I had myself a COW in my freezer that I had to
deal with,
in case you didn't know,
moving companies do NOT haul frozen cow!

So in desperation to use my meat,
and to try to stay very frugal,
I decided to use what I had in the freezer to feed
the big group of Teens that would be coming
through my doors to offer well wishes.

And I had London Broil
lots of it,
5 or 6 big slabs of it!
So I went searching for a recipe,
and I found the most simple,
yet delicious recipe on allrecipes.com
We modified it a bit, but it was absolutely
divine.

Here it is:

Grilled London Broil

1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. sea salt
3 TBSP. liquid aminos (soy sauce substitute)
1 TBSP. ketchup
1 TBSP. canola oil
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (if desired)
4 pound London Broil, flank steak or Tri Tip Roast

In a small bowl, mix everything BUT the meat.
Mix it well, let those flavors combine!
For if they combine now, they will SHINE later!
Score both sides of the meat about 1/8 inch deep.
Rub both sides of the meat with the garlic mixture.
Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or over night,
turning every once in a while.
Preheat outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Place meat on the prepared grill.
Cook for 3-7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
*** Cooked at this time, the meat will be slightly red on the inside,
resist the urge to cook it more,
even if you are WELL DONE type of a gal (or guy)

This was absolutely delicious cut into slices and eaten alone.
We ate some the next day served with caramelized red onions
and peppers served on an open faced bun and
I sliced it thinner and put it in a steak salad that I love.

Trust me,
TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment