We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just Look Up

Recently my church had a large General Conference.
It is two days where we listen to the leaders of our church
rather than attend our own congregations.
It is something I really look forward to.


This year, a story was told of a man
who just felt overwhelmed with the current
situations of his life. A little stuck in the
rut of his thoughts, he had his head
down. When someone came next to him
and asked what he was looking at there on
the ground? Than some very helpful advice was given,
Never forget to look up!
To read the full article, click here.

I have no intention of bringing a bad rap to my husband,
he is a good man,
a happy man
and he would do anything for me!
But sometimes he forgets to look up
and my mind has spent a lot of time
on the importance of focus and perspective that lately.


On Sunday, we went for a walk along some trails
I had scoped out all week long.
Even from the road, I knew these trails would
be beautiful, and they didn't disappoint at all.
We broke a number one family rule for
1. being together,
2. being together whilst out and about in nature and
3. being with mom
The rule is ALWAYS BE PHOTO READY
because mom WILL bring out the camera and want
a picture.
So please don't judge,
we aren't in perfectly matched or coordinated clothing
and some of us didn't comb our hair.

When we came home to look at the pictures,
my husband kept saying things like
"where was that"
 "I didn't notice that"
"Did you split off to see that".
It was a little sad to me.
Life is Life
Life is Busy
Life can sometimes be full of Stress,

BUT...
Life is Life
Life is Serene
Life is almost always filled with beauty
It just depends if you are looking down
or looking up!
Choose to look up!

1 comment: