We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, November 14, 2011

Here's to New Beginnings

I am horrible with song lyrics,
even worse with song titles,
and even worse at
knowing the artists of the songs I love-
BUT once in a while,
a short phrase will stick in my mind
and become a mantra in my life!

I have a favorite song for when I am
feeling especially introspective that says,
"Every new beginning,
comes from some other new beginnings end"

I just love that-
I love that the circle of life really is
just one new beginning after another!

I've written thoughts about
pruning in a flower garden here
and today my thoughts are somewhat similar.

As we try to wade through each new day
here in Texas, especially while still living in
temporary housing- I can't help thinking
about the pruning process
and the Master Gardener.

I just think it is so interesting that a rose bush,
or any other perennial flower or tree,
simply cannot reach its' full measure of beauty
without being trimmed back- often!

And I can't help but think how, even with my
amateur abilities, I can prune a bush
to bring forth more beauty than it could
without my touch.

And if I can bring a rose bush to produce more beauty,
how much more can the Master Gardener produce
from me,
if I just let Him get to pruning.


Here's to new beginnings-

and here's to some other new beginnings end!

No comments:

Post a Comment