We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dinner: Have it Your Way

I definitely understand that from a personal perspective,
my family is grateful that we have come to a discovery of our food allergies.

I know that we have less,
um how to say this...
shall we say tummy trouble...
than ever before-
which means we can actually be in the same room for extended periods of time after most meals.

But from the "cook in the kitchen" perspective,
all this new knowledge is a little bit of a pain in my gluteus maximus!

We recently had one of our "used to be" favorite
quick & easy meals...

Creamy Pesto Pasta with Peppers

but now with all the food allergies, this is what dinner looked like that night.

We started out with plain pasta for the littlest Peterson,
who isn't allergic to anything, just really picky!

Next I prepared the portion for the person who is lactose intolerant-
 she could have had the pesto, but I guess I got a little lazy.

Third up, for the poor child who is allergic to nuts,
the pine nuts in the pesto is just plain punishment for her- and she has decided she hates migraines more than she likes nuts!
Her version has the creamy sauce before I combined it with the pesto

Next, I was able to serve the meal as it was intended to be served.
Complete with pasta, peppers, spinach and creamy pesto sauce.

 
Really, really YUMMY!
But not that I would know completely,
my portion had to be without the pasta
so I had peppers, spinach and pesto sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment