We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, July 4, 2011

Time In A Bottle






























From the moment I saw this clock in downtown Duluth, MN
I knew I wanted a picture of my kids
standing free form, on it's base.
At the time,
Kori was the only one who dared get up-
it's a lot higher than it looks :0

The image reminded me of a song from my mom's era-
Jim Croce's "If I Could Save Time in a Bottle"

The first verse says,
"If I could save time in a bottle,
the first thing that I'd like to do,
is to save every day
till eternity passes away,
just to spend them with you"

I love this song,
it is how I feel about being a mom.

I had high hopes for motherhood when my kids were little.
And my high hopes have been met and exceeded.
But now I am in a new phase of motherhood,
I'm not so sure how I feel about this phase,
and I'm not entirely sure I am as prepared as I should be.

Child #1 is home for the summer from his first year at college.
It was exciting to send him off to school. 
I was consumed with excitement for him 
and the beginning of the rest of his life.
But than reality hit and I really missed him!

Child #2 is entering her Senior year of High School.
 And I am wiser and more experienced.
And I know how hard it is to end my day,
and give out kisses,
and turn out the lights,
with someone not tucked into their childhood bed.

I know it's a good thing,
and growing up is part of the plan,
and moving on is the only way to progress,
and succeed,
and experience life to it's fullest...
but all I can say is
I wish I could Save Time in a Bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment