We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Puff Oven in a Bowl

I shared a list of our all time
favorite breakfasts
here, when I talked about finally
having the opportunity to
eat breakfast each morning
as a whole family.

Well, I have discovered a new twist
on this time honored classic
Puff Oven Pancakes-

I'm not going to lie or pretend that
they are healthy in any way-
but one thing we all agreed on
was that having them this way
forced a more moderated approach
to one of our favorite breakfasts.

These are quick & tasty,
and made this way, most of the kids
used the berries rather than the
syrup and powdered sugar we usually
SLATHER on!!
So though they aren't a pure definition
of healthy,
they are a "Healthier" way to eat a
Peterson morning Favorite.

I used the regular recipe
and filled well greased muffin tins
about 1/2 full with the egg mixture
and baked them for 12 minutes at 375.
For Miss Lactose Intolerant,
I make a separate batch using
almond milk.

While they baked,
I stewed blackberries, raspberries and
blueberries very slightly. I added the zest
and the juice of 1 orange and the smallest
amount of cinnamon (I do NOT care
for the taste of cinnamon, you should
add to your liking)


These puff big in the oven, and than
fall perfectly to form a little bowl
once they are out of the oven. Don't
expect ones made with a milk
substitute to puff as much, but they
still taste great.

We added the berries, and sprinkled a
tad of powdered sugar on top-
and voila! Yummy, Yummy Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment