We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, April 23, 2012

Tropical BBQ Burger

I really like a nice, fat,
JUICY
chicken burger-

It is the one thing that I like better
at restaurants than I do homemade...
That is until Now!!

This was such a simple little
creation-
I've said that before,
but really
SO SIMPLE,
but oh so juicy, tasty and delicious.

We had some really big chicken breasts,
and I cut them in half.
I lightly coated them with olive oil
and lime juice and a little salt and pepper.
We grilled them until they were almost
perfectly cooked and than we spread a
mixture of apricot preserves and lime juice
on each side, letting them cook just long
enough to glaze the chicken.

At the same time,
we put big slices of FRESH pineapple
on the grill.
OH, my mouth is watering as I type.

Top your bun with whatever condiments
you like-
I didn't use anything because I am not
a condiment lover at all!

Pile in your bun-
a deliciously glazed chicken breast,
provolone cheese,
a pineapple slice,
a few avocado slices and
a few basil leaves
(or lettuce if you'd rather)

And now you have put Red Robin
to shame...

We ate it with some roasted carrots
and asparagus,
& this delicious Arugula Salad
and I'd say it was a pretty delicious,
light summer dinner.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment