We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, May 16, 2011

It Started with a New Ceiling Fan

It all seemed so innocent. Let's get Kaidon a new ceiling fan. His was definitely from the 80's when white ceiling fans worked. But it wasn't working for me.NOT! ONE! BIT!
Once we got the ceiling fan down, I said "Lets paint the ceiling too". In my defense here, I'd like to say that this ceiling looked BAD! The previous owners had really done a number with dust, candle flames and I'm not quite sure what else.
So I painted the ceiling and enlisted my husband to hang the fan... and I rejoiced at how amazing it looked and even more at how amazing I felt.


Unfortunately, this meant that I was noticing all the ceilings in the house. After five more rooms received a fresh coat of ceiling paint (and new ceiling fans, since we were up there "Don't you know") - I am on a temporary break from my ceiling insanity.

So back to Kai's room. I decided that we should finish the room. When we moved in, we knew this was a temporary bedroom for Kai, so I decorated with what he had, and didn't put a lot of effort into it.

When I originally painted the room, I didn't like how the colors worked together, but I decided to deal with it. I won't really tell you what the colors reminded me of, but it wasn't pleasant.


When I repainted the top half, the bottom color looked good. So it got to stay (whew! one domino effect that didn't happen).
 With the cleaned up wall colors, the trims looked shabby...

YUP! You guessed it, I repainted all the trim in the room. OKAY not ALL of it, I'm putting up new baseboards next week :)

I re-hung what we had, in a different set up and added a small shelf for his little knick knacks. It was really an inexpensive re-do, but it made such a difference. And it totally motivated me to move on to the next room. I love that a little resource goes a long way.

Kai believes in adding his own little touch, it isn't magazine quality, but it is all his :)

No comments:

Post a Comment