We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Beautiful

On Thursday,
My family will officially have been
in Texas for 4 months-
A LOT has happened in these
4 months,
but also, A LOT is left to happen-

In 2011 we moved from California,
to Texas-
 In 2008 we moved from Minnesota
to California

So that means in three years, we've lived in
3 States!!
And I'd like to point out
that WE MOVED TEENAGERS!!
With LIVES!!!
So when me and the kids sat at the airport
on October 29, 2011-
we were just a heightened bunch of emotions
that ranged from fear to sorrow and
from anxiety to anticipation-

Now they are good kids,
and they are pretty mature for their ages,
but when we got to Texas,
I could tell this wasn't going to be our easiest move
so I went into SURVIVAL mode big time!!!

Think MAMA Bear on STEROIDS!!!!

I started several at home practices that would
help me know what was going through their minds
and what was happening in their day.
I can't begin to express how much I
believe these things helped get our family
through the harder parts of this transition!

One thing we did that helped a ton
was to share at dinner each night-
Our Good,
 (something awesome from the day)
Our Bad
 (something frustrating, sad, lonely...)
&Our Beautiful.
 (any mercy that helped us see that in the long
run Heavenly Father was watching out for us
& everything was going to be okay)
It was so helpful for me,
to hear from each child not only how the day went
but what was upsetting,
how they were handling the good
and more than anything else,
that they were noticing the little
Miracles in their lives that sometimes get
overshadowed by life in general

We've done this many times in our lives,
sharing our Ups & Downs
Highs & Lows
Peaks & Valleys,
but this added a new dynamic that I loved,
a recognition of a Heavenly Hand.

I believe it got us talking about our day,
allowed us to cry together if needed
and celebrate successes together.

Here's to your Good, Bad and Beautiful!!

1 comment:

  1. That was ALL Good, No Bad, and Certainly Beautiful. You are a special family. Thank heaven for Heavenly Hands (His). And for treasured friends, too. Miss you. xo

    ReplyDelete