We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day

Leap Year has always completely fascinated me!
I am 100% sure it started when I had a friend
declare to me that she was only 3 Years Old,
when she was in 6th grade with me!

I am smart enough now to realize that she
was 12, but had only had 3 birthdays.
Our family used to do Time Capsules
on Leap Year,
we took memorabilia of our lives,
hid it away in a box
and buried it in the back yard!

Cute idea, until you MOVE!! 
and you forget that you left the
Leap Year Time Capsule!

So this year, I have been trying to think of something
to make the day a little extra special.
Wednesdays are our busy nights,
so it won't be much
(and I just decided on it yesterday)

To celebrate one Extra Day in 2012,
the kids are getting
"An extra Minute to sleep this morning"

"An extra treat from the Clean House fairy"
find out more about the clean house fairy tomorrow
... which, by the way,
will lead them on a little scavenger hunt
of favorite Peterson home memories
over the past four years!
(And notice, I am getting chores out of
them while they go searching for their
extra treat.)

They also got two special treats
in their lunch boxes,
Sometimes you go for healthy...
reminding them to make the most of
their EXTRA DAY this year!

... and sometimes you go for cute! I went cute :
You can't tell from the pictures,
but the notes are on a
Grab n' Go Oreo pack
and a small bottle of A&W Root Beer!

Tonight, after dinner,
or before- knowing me,
we will get these yummy cupcakes
filled with my "predictions" for the
upcoming four years!

Really Simple, I know,
but it will be a great day 
and best of all,
we won't leave any of it behind when (if)
we move in the next four years!

No comments:

Post a Comment