We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Start with the End

My son has a book he absolutely loves
to read at night-
I am sure you know the kind,
the ones you read over and over
and over and over...
again!
He reads himself to sleep every night- oh the cute times
I don't mind reading this one,
it is called
The 7 Habits of Happy Kids-
written by Sean Covey,
the son of Steven R. Covey.


One of the habits taught is
"Start with the End in Mind"
I've been thinking a lot about that as
I am monitoring my progress with
my New Years Eve Resolutions-
by the way,
How are you doing with yours??

Anyway,
I've had an amazing awareness about
New Years Resolutions-
most people go about them all wrong,
which is why most people don't get past
week one with their Resolutions still in tact.

This year, I am looking at my Goals for the
Year as a picture of what I expect to see
December 31, 2012-
not a picture of how things WILL be
immediately.

I think we get so discouraged when we aren't
perfect at our goals,
or worse,
when we have already broken our resolutions
after the first week of trying.


Maybe I am of a weaker sort,
but for the first time I am into
February and feeling GOOD about
where I stand with my resolutions-
I haven't lost the weight,
exercised faithfully six days a week,
eaten absolutely NO sugar
or enjoyed time in the sunshine
when it comes my way-

But.....
I have lost a little weight,
began to establish a new exercise plan
that will work with my new schedule,
CONSIDERABLY decreased my sugar consumption
and ENJOYED a lot of
beautiful afternoon walks in the sun!

I have an awareness of what I want to see
as my year progresses.
I know that at the end of the year 2012,
I want to see a new person,
I've defined what this new person
will have as her priorities and I have
come to terms with the fact that
all of this will take some time.

This Year, my resolutions are more
about the journey I will take,
than the immediate benefit or results.
I think these resolutions will stick-
all but one-
I mean how long can I go without sugar :)

My absolute favorite way to eat a homemade cream puff

No comments:

Post a Comment