We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Take a Day Off

Several years ago,
I implemented a "Mom's Day Off!

I am a stay at home mom
I love it,
no regrets,
but I realized that I needed a day off
every once in a while to _________________,
well I just needed it!

It is the BEST thing I have ever done!
It is a day that I don't schedule anything-
I make absolutely NO commitments,
and (this is the kicker)
No One in my family is allowed to come home
until AFTER school/work/practice-
whatever!
No home for lunch,
no working from home-
NADA
I don't even commit to an exercise routine
on this day!

At first it sounds a little selfish!
And every once in a while,
I feel a little guilty by the whole thing,
especially when someone needs a favor
or an errand or a ________________,
well whatever is needed!
And I say "I am not available that day"

But I am a better woman/mom/wife/friend/worshipper
when I get a day to revive-
and it seems I can get more done on the other days,
if I have taken my day off
or I know my day off is coming.

Sometimes, I scrapbook (which I love),
sometimes I read,
or go to the lunch with a friend,
or play on the computer,
or go for a long walk,
or quilt,
or day dream,
or make love notes for my kids-
Do you get my drift??

This decision has saved my soul-
and my family-
and honestly, whenever I feel a little bit
like the Wicked Witch of the West
 
has shown her mean little ways in my life,
I take a quick assessment
and most likely
I have skipped my day off for a few weeks-

My day off is Wednesday, in case you are curious!

3 comments:

  1. I NEED to start doing this. I brought it up to my husband (who comes and goes all day every day) and he did not seem thrilled with the idea. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    I am glad your comment posted. My husband and my kids who got out of school early were a little hesitant at first, but after a few weeks, they were really good. It really has saved my sanity in many ways.
    Treisha

    ReplyDelete