We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Clean House Fairy

*** Please excuse the house pictures,
I wanted to share the idea of the 
Clean House Fairy, not the beauty of the room or bed :)

Some will vote me the
smartest mother in the world-
** To all of these people I would
like to say "Thank You, Thank you very much"

Others will say that I have filled
my kids with thoughts of
make believe creatures and
really all I am doing is bribing my kiddos
to do what I want,
when I want
** To all of these people I would
like to say, "Yes, Yes I am,
but it works dontcha know!"

Having a Clean House is a thing for me-
I don't only like order
I NEED ORDER,
it works for me-
I'm okay if "clean" and "order"
don't make your heart sing songs of joy
but for me-
OH they are two words with Glorious Meaning
Think
Hallelulia
So when my kids don't make their beds
in the morning
SERIOUSLY- it freaks me out-
so I thought frantically of what would
motivate them to straighten their bedrooms
as part of their morning routine!
Well, I love the little treats left on the beds
at nice hotels and resorts,
so I said to myself
"Self, why not offer a cute little treat
on every made bed and in every clean bedroom"
Well,
my Self answered that that was a GREAT idea!
But who will do it?
NOT Mom,
because the wise children in the house
will argue all the reasons they just
COULDN'T make their beds
or pick up their clothes,
or put their books away,
or wash the toothepaste down the drain!!

So the idea of the clean house fairy came to life,
 
and she lives happily in our home!
Leaving little sweet treats on each
made bed.

I do have one problem now though,
What do I do with all the kids at school
who are now asking their moms why THEY
don't have a clean house fairy???
(My second grader likes to share our family secrets)

No comments:

Post a Comment