We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chocolate Molten Lava Cake

There is a story that my husband loves to tell
about the quest that I took on my journey
to find the perfect Molten Lava Cake!

I experimented,
I substituted,
I taste tested at restaurants
and I researched online,
and for 2 solid weeks,
we had Molten Lava Cake almost every night
(and seriously I wonder why I struggle with weight sometimes)
sometimes two recipes per night,
so we could get a good comparison.
Those were dark days at the Peterson casa!

I love the Molten Cake that is served at Chili's,
it always moltens, is in a pretty shape and
I love that the ice cream can actually sit on top!
So I have a recipe for that.


But the one that our family likes the very best,
is seriously a conglomeration of all the ones
we have made in the past,
I hope you enjoy it too.

Hot Chocolate Molten Cake
Butter and granulated sugar to coat pan
8 ounces semisweet chocolate squares
1 cup butter
½ tsp. Godiva chocolate liqueur
5 egg yolks
5 whole eggs
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
Vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and generously coat 6 ramekins with butter, then dust with chocolate powder. Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Stir in chocolate liqueur.  In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and whole eggs with an electric mixer set at low speed.  Pour chocolate-butter mixture into bowl while beating. In a medium bowl, sift the confectioners’ sugar and flour together. Gradually add this to the chocolate mixture. Mix at high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour cake mixture into the ramekins. Bake for 15 minutes until edges are firm, but center is soft. Turn upside down carefully onto serving plate, dust lightly with powdered sugar. Serve hot with ice cream and a few raspberries on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment