We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Favorite Vegetable Salad

I have been eating a lot of salad lately,
and have really gained an appreciation for
the absolute Yumminess of Greens
topped with Fruit. I could eat this kind of salad

all day, every day,
and never get bored.
But this one,

not on your life. She wants VEGGIES!
and leave the berries off of it PLEASE!
and give me a little Ranch dressing to slather on top
If you don't mind PLEASE!

So I set about to find a good & yummy and
yummy & good
VEGETABLE Salad, that would make her day,
and make me feel good about what she was
slathering on top!

Watson, I think I've found it.

Go home and try it today-
you'll like it, I PROMISE,
or at least I hope :)

Creamy Poppyseed Veggie Salad
Baby red & green leaf lettuce
1/2 each; red, yellow, orange bell peppers, cut thick julienne & than in half
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
3 Roma tomatoes
1/2 English Cucumber
carrots, thinly sliced (at an angle)- to your liking
Avocado, cut into thick chunks

Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 TBSP. poppy seeds 

small amount of orange zest
 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment