We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Holy Mole, It's Guacamole

It actually seems a little silly to post a recipe
for good ole' Guacamole,
but ever since I got rid of all the
processed type condiments in my diet,
Salsa and Guacamole are staples at
my lunch and dinner table!

There are so many variations of Guac,
use your own and spice it up depending
on what you are using it for-
Here is a recipe for one that we recently found-
we had eaten at a Trendy & Hip Mexican Restaurant
and ordered their Guac- it looked fresh, amazing
and beautiful because it was topped with salsa-
And it was $20.00!!! Holy Cow! Thems avacadoes
must've been lined with gold!
The best thing about it was that they
made it AT our table from start to finish-
the worst thing about it was
that it was the exact same way I make it at home
and they didn't bring us chips to eat it with!

I was so frustrated that I had spent $20. on guac,
which as we all know,
cannot come home and be saved-
at least not for long
and with no chips, it was a bit of a waste.

Anyhoo, so I like this recipe,
because it looks fanciful,
but I definitely don't worry that my kids
won't go to college because I eat it all the time

Fire Roasted Guacamole w/ Salsa

For the Guacamole:
4 large ripe avocados
1/4 c. finely diced red onion
cilantro to your liking
2-3 TBSP. freshly squeezed lime juice
a quick little zest of lime
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper sauce
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
In a bowl, mash to avocados to your liking. Stir in the remaining guacamole ingredients.
Spoon into a large ramekin or shallow dish. Top with Salsa, recipe below.

For the Salsa:
One 14 1/2 oz. can Fire Roasted or plain diced tomatoes, well drained
2 Roma tomatoes, finely cubed
1/4 c. chopped red onion
2 TBSP. chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
(I keep my seeds in- get rid of them if you don't do spicy)
1/8 tsp. cumin seed

In a bowl, mix the salsa ingredients. Serve alone or on top of the above Guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment