We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, August 22, 2011

Shrimp Tacos

I will admit that with the exception of sugary wonder goodness,
I really don't miss much in my new world of cooking!
But I'm gonna be the first one to say I really miss me a good burrito,
a fresh flour tortilla, meat marinated in all manner of goodness &
layered with all the yummy fixin's

So when I found these whole wheat/ corn tortilla shells,
I was a little hopeful!
I don't traditionally like corn tortilla shells
not at all Sam I Am!

So today I experimented with a few of my favorite
Fiesta recipes to try to bring them into the wonderful world
of non-processed/ healthy/ good for me/ yummy foods
I will say that these shrimp tacos,
guacamole and black bean salsa were a success-

except for with Kelci,
she wanted more spice-
Seriously, that girl was born with salsa in her mouth!

Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp (I use medium size precooked)
Soak the shrimp in a little bit of orange juice, orange zest, crushed red pepper flakes, salt & cilantro
Let this sit for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare this healthier version of Texas Caviar
Saute the shrimp in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, toss them with the extra juices
I end up adding a few extra red pepper flakes to appease my hot mouths


When they are nice and pink and cooked through
add a spoonful to these tortilla shells,
Top with grated Monterrey Jack cheese,
Guacamole
Salsa or Black Bean Salsa- 
or both if you're a little wild like that
You can add rice too, 
but I have to limit my starches at each meal,
so I went without!
It was ohhh sooo yummy! 


Ole






No comments:

Post a Comment