We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Here's to the Future- Today's Insight

Spent the day at UCLA-

I wish I could say it was a Bruin's type of day-

but alas, I was in Building 200
of the UCLA Medical Plaza
Third floor to be even more exact...

I spent 4 hours in two rooms of that building today,
and a lot of emotion got spilled out onto that floor!
But I came away with one piece of advice
that I think makes a pretty big statement
about the importance of absolutely everything
that we do in our lives.

I was discussing my health journey,
more specifically,
the previous two years of that journey.
For two years, I have tried a more holistic approach,
focusing on nutrition, exercise and life balance,
and with the help of a Western Medicine doctor,
with Eastern Medicine background,
I was doing pretty good.


Well, at the UCLA Medical Center,
you'd be hard pressed to find anyone of the
"Eastern Medicine" mindset.
And today, I returned to this building
with my tail figuratively between my knees-

My very Western Medicine doctor was trying to
calm my fears and frustrations, so she was
thinking outside the box on my behalf.


Her pearl of wisdom for me today was this,
All the research I have studied,
all the trial and error I have experienced,
may not have CURED me of my illness,
or eliminated all my health issues,
BUT
all that I have learned,
and all that I have gone through,
and all the changes that I have made,
HAVE impacted my children.
And though they may have genetic disposition
to the same health risks,
my changes-
which translate to THEIR changes,
will greatly improve how their bodies
will react to stress in the future,
which will result in a healthier,
stronger,
more balanced,
life for them.
The very things that make me sick,
will phase them NOT ONE BIT!
I love that thought!!
I may not have had the perfect miracle I was hoping for,
but the blessings of my experience will have
blessed the lives of those I love most.
That's not so bad right??

Raise your Glass-
Here's to the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment