We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cookin' With Kids

I'm thinkin' that compared to most of the people I know,
I don't think I have a ton of talent...

I think I'm ok, but I don't radiate talent like some people do.
I'm a little bit of a simpleton,
and a lot a bit pretty average.

But last week, I decided to take something that I love,
something that I think I'm pretty good at
and share it with some amazing kids that I know

or didn't know...
and for three days we cooked together.

We made cakes the first day,
cupcakes, sheet cakes and devil dogs!!

The Second day,
we made bread!
a lot of kneading

Yup!! I said bread.
And I wanted the girls to make it the good old fashioned way,
kneading the dough

using what they would most likely have access to in their homes,
or any home they might find themselves in.
making orange rolls with our dough
 Just for the record,
they blew me away with their abilities.
zesting an orange
On day three,
it's a team effort

we made cookies,

in bars, in drops, and no bake and
dipping, decorating & devouring

we definitely did some dipping.
Everyone gets some action

I literally had the greatest three days.
"injecting" our cupcakes with mint filling

I enjoyed each girl and boy that came into my kitchen.
prepping for oreo mint cupcakes

After the classes were done,
game face for frosting

and the kitchen was cleaned,
Dipping our "cupkies"

and the floors were mopped,
Frosting like a pro

I sat down and reflected on what made this three days so amazing.
Can you see all the cake pops in the background??
It was definitely the kids,
and the time sharing something that I love,

And I decided that so much of the joy we have in this life,
comes from sharing what we have been given,
enjoying what others have to share,
and seeing how wonderful we all work together.

The real value in this life is not the quantity that can be put on it,
but the quality that comes from it.
And the quality of my life,
the highest value I can find,
is the smile on someone's face,
when together we have shared what we have to offer.

Here's to
Your Talent,
My Talent,
A smile is worth a thousand words :)
Our Talents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment