We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Taking a Break

I'm not afraid to give myself a day off.
As a matter of fact, I have a scheduled
day off every week-
WEDNESDAY'S

I don't make lunch for anyone who might show up
early from school on Wednesday's.
My husband isn't allowed to go to work
late or come home early on those days,
and he can't come home for lunch.

I don't schedule doctors appointments,
hair cuts or do any volunteer work on
Wednesdays!
It's my day and usually I fill this day with
things that I love- I might scrapbook, or
organize my pictures. I might sit by the pool
and read a good book, or I might wander the mall.
I seriously believe that this ONE day a week,
which really amounts to 5 hours once I factor
in school drop offs and pick ups,
is my saving grace and the very reason that I'm
don't find myself too stressed out very often.
I get what I love out of life, but I also let my
children and husband know that I am committed to
taking care of myself- which means I am
committed to taking care of them.
I want my family to know that it is important to
take time for the things you love. It may not be
a ton of time, but I know that if I'm feeling
stressed, I only have to make it to Wednesday
to decompress and enjoy a few hours of my own.

What day will you take off this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment