We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fajit-wich

Oh my gosh,
I've invented a new word,
and if you've heard it before,
you can't tell me because I want to
go on believing I've invented
a dinner phenomenon!

It came to be completely by accident,
and now I'm obsessed.
Completely and utterly obsessed!

It all started because we were going to
spend the day at the beach,
 and I didn't have any bread.
But I did have these wonderful little flat breads,
and I had chicken that we had grilled up
the day before for chicken salad,
and I had peppers.
and fresh salsa
and guacamole,

 add some cheese & lettuce
and I realized I had myself makings for
a Fajita Sandwich!
or FAJIT-WICH, which is what we call it now.

They are easy & packable
or eatable at the dinner tab-able.

Fajit-wich

Grill your chicken however and with whatever you like
Julienne a red, yellow and orange bell pepper
Julienne 1/2 red onion
Saute the onion and peppers together,
adding sea salt in the final few minutes

Pile your wrap with chicken and pepper mixture,
top with monterrey jack cheese, salsa and guacamole.

Some of the folks here added lettuce, beans
and cilantro rice to their wraps.

Serve with black bean and corn salsa!
It's a yummy Tex-Mex style sandwich.
Ole


No comments:

Post a Comment