We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Orange Scented Green Beans

I recently read that using citrus zest in your food
helps to eliminate belly fat :)
I don't know,
what do you think?
I'm not generally a believer in such food
rumors or fads,
but anything that gives me a reason
to use citrus zest-
and you'll hear me sing
"I'm a Believer"
(Shrek instrumental begins now)


 I found this recipe while searching for a
yummy side dish to serve at a church holiday dinner-
and now it is a staple at our table,
this is a slight modification of the original,
and oh so yummy-


Sautéed Green Beans & carrots
1 tsp. Olive oil
1 medium shallot, finely diced
¾ lb. Green beans, trimmed
2 medium carrots, julienned
1 large orange, zested and juiced, divided
2 tbsp. sprigs fresh dill, chipped
1/4 c. slivered almonds
salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add shallot, beans and carrots; sauté stirring often, 3- 4 minutes. Add orange juice & almonds to pan and stir one minute, cover pan with lid and steam for 1- 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, add orange zest and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.






No comments:

Post a Comment