We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spicy Orange Chicken

This was seriously the best chicken
I have accidentally made in a long time.
It started because I had thawed chicken
and needed to marinade it-
I knew my dinner time prep would be at
a minimum.
But since Old Mother Hubbard has
taken over my cupboards right now,
I didn't have the things that I usually
use for my favorite Lime Chicken!
So I improvised
First, I used an orange flavored balsamic vinegar
just a bit and some olive oil,
you can see it on the right there, I buy it at Sprouts

than I added the zest and juice of 1 orange,
and I cheated by adding one of my favorite
store bought spices- it's called Kickin' Chicken'
and I use it a lot.
Hot off the grill, it was hard to keep our hands off of it
We all LOVED it and wanted to eat a LOT of it.
But alas, for this dinner,
we were cutting it into bite size strips to use
on a fajit-wich-
that's one big fajit-wich

or in a salad
sorry about the fuzzy picture
or in a soft shell taco-
YA it actually got pretty out of control here

I can't wait to have this chicken again.
It would be green salad with berries & pecans,
hot off the grill,

or with napa cabbage, mandarin oranges & slivered almonds!
I can't stop thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment