We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet Corn Salad w/ Black Beans

I love Texas Caviar:
love, lurve, luh-uv! it

But it has some ingredients in it that make me sick,
so when I found this recipe somewhere attached
to Oprah's name,
I was really excited to give it a try.
I can't say I like it AS much as the
full on fatty recipe that I love so much,
but I like it tons when I consider that
I don't get sick AND
I can eat as much as I want!!

Sweet Corn Salad with Black Beans 
8 ears corn on the cob                                                           4 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
2 C. black beans, drained                                                      4 scallions, chopped
3ripe plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped                        1 red bell pepper, diced
3 TBSP. red wine vinegar, or to taste                                 coarse sea salt & freshly black pepper
2 TBSP. chopped cilantro
Shuck & trim corn from cob. Sauté kernels in olive oil, 5-6 minutes. Return corn to bowl and add beans, scallions, tomatoes, and red pepper. In small bowl, combine wine vinegar, 1 tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper and remaining 2 TBSP oil. Pour into corn mixture, add cilantro and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment