We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day Eleven: Creating Home (The Light Within)

I am a huge YOGA lover and although I can
be found doing yoga in my bedroom, hotel rooms
and even in my closet-
I love going to a studio with a Great yoga instructor who
offers, not just poses to her students, but a little
philosophy too!

Today's philosophy resonated deep in my heart and as
I have thought about it through the day, I've decided it
is the perfect thought for Day Eleven-


Ashley (a fore mentioned yoga instructor) said that we
each have a piece of the Divine Creator within us. This light
is only as bright as we ALLOW it to shine, but if given
the chance the light WILL shine bright and magnificent,
accomplishing ALL that we think we can do and more.

The trick to this light, is that in order for us to
see and truly appreciate the light that is all around us,
the joy, the good, the privileges and the opportunities,
we must FIRST see and acknowledge the light we have within!

I think that in every day life,
seeing the light from within gets forgotten a lot. For whatever reason,
HOME-MAKERS, have a hard time seeing the good
that they have to offer.
Mom's who stay up all night with a sick baby,
forget that they are staying up to COMFORT the sick!
Sisters who read to younger siblings,
don't realize they are RELIEVING the over-burdened!
Son's who carry heavy groceries for weak arms,
are SERVING the needy!
Grandma's who kiss ouchie's don't see that they are
HEALING the afflicted.
Take my permission to look at what you do with different
glasses.
There is something dangerous about modesty when it forces
you to take for granted how important CREATING HOME
really is.

Watch for your light,
it is shining bright!

At the risk of getting corny,
I will walk away before I start singing Firework :)

No comments:

Post a Comment