We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day Seventeen: Creating Home (Intention)

I am in a yoga stretch right now,
maybe it is because I am going to miss
the yoga teachers I've had here in So-Cal
really badly, so I am just eating up every word they say!

So please bare with me :)

In yoga class,
we start out with some kind of quieting exercise.
Something that lets us leave our cares aside and
send them out the door!
Than we set an INTENTION for our workout.
Really this can be anything that we may need from
our practice that day-
calm, peace, love, patience-
these are a few that I seem to want all the time.

Well, I think that in CREATING HOME,
setting an intention is just as important.
Sometimes we wake up,
get carried away by ______________
(You fill in the blank, but we all know what I mean)
and before we know it,
it is time to make dinner and we feel like
Nothing Got Done,
at least Nothing of Value
and we end the day feeling a bit of Nothing!

My advice is to CREATE a clear INTENTION for your day.
Doing this can be a powerful tool in CREATING the HOME
you desire most.
Choose a one sentence intention for your day.
It can be as SIMPLE as deciding to do one thing at a time,
or making three healthy meals-
or it can be something as GRAND
as getting married or
completely revamping your personal cookbook-
Say your intention out loud in one simple sentence,
and then follow it.

When you make a clear INTENTION for your day,
you are taking control of your journey,
rather than drifting off on a dead end street!

No comments:

Post a Comment