We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day Twenty: Creating Home (Gratitude)

We are exactly ten days to our move-
I actually didn't realize that this 31 day journey,
would take me all the way through our planning
& departure for our new home!
Strange how that worked out.

Well the past few weeks have been a MAJOR
Roller Coaster Ride of emotion;
doubt,
fear,
anxiety,
excitement,
hope,
potential...

But we've had some days that the coaster of life
has taken more sharp turns into dark tunnels
and deep, bottomless drops than I was expecting.

It's been a bit hard!
Well,
last night,
after I spent a full day in an attempted pity party,
I dusted my pants off,
hung up my phone,
and took a quick inventory of the past 22 years of my life.

It was pretty clear that I have let stress,
take over my joy and happiness!
That I have let fear,
take over miracles!
And that I have let worry,
take over faith!

So I started to take a GRATITUDE inventory-
it got long fast!
I thought of all the great joys, mercies and blessings
I have received in my life.
To some they may not seem amazing,
but for every joy I listed,
I found GRATITUDE!
For every mercy I realized had been extended,
I found GRATITUDE!
And for every blessing I counted,
I felt immersed in GRATITUDE!

Are you detecting a theme??
Find the blessing,
Find the GRATITUDE-
and than make sure you share this GRATITUDE
with others,
so they can be actively searching for the
Gratitude's in their own lives.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are very touching. I have found a great deal of peace from reading them this morning, and look forward to reading through the rest!

    I pray your big transition goes as smoothly as possible.

    Blessings,
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian,
    I think at this time any extra prayers are just what I will need.
    :)

    ReplyDelete