We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, January 23, 2012

Asian Chicken Salad

Quick, we need lunch-
I don't really struggle with feeding my family
Six out of the Seven Days a week.

I just don't do well on Saturday's.
I like to get up and get my day started
on Saturday mornings.
I want my chores done,

my shower complete
and I want to play the rest of the day!
But most of the time,
my family has other plans-
it's not that they don't want to play,
they just don't get that there
are only so many hours in a DAY!!!!!
They like to sleep in
they get distracted by Dancing
and take FOREVER doing their chores!

AARGH!!! It drives me crazy!

So there are some days that breakfast
doesn't happen until 10 o'clock or later
which means lunch is closer to 3 o'clock
and dinner-
well it's not always there,
because I don't like eating at 8 at night-
we've been know to eat popcorn
for Saturday night dinner!

Not my way of life!


Last Saturday, I looked at the clock,
it was 3 o'clock and we hadn't had lunch.
I finally had my husbands attention and he
was actually working on our "honey do" list.
I didn't want to make lunch at all.

Luckily, I had a chicken that I had thawed the
 day before, so I had put it in the Rotisserie
earlier in the day.
I had napa cabbage, peppers and sugar snap peas.
Sounds like the makings for a yummy Asian Salad.
It was delicious,
so fast,
and light enough that we could still eat dinner at
a reasonable time.

Wanna make it at your house??
I know you do,
or I know you will have a busy day,
and you will be looking for a light lunch,
that is quick, tasty, healthy and light!


3 ounces uncooked Soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
** I didn't have these, it was an unplanned meal and I don't
keep these in the food storage cupboard,
I used good ole' spaghetti noodles, and it was fine :)
yup, I'm a cheat
1 8 oz. package sugar snap peas
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 cups shredded lemon pepper rotisserie chicken
(since I had done my own, I used a red pepper
season salt that I love)
1/2 c. light sesame ginger dressing of your choice,
Toasted Sesame seeds
Sliced green onions
Shredded Napa Cabbage
Sea Salt, as desired

Prepare Noodles according to directions. Drain.
Lightly saute the peas for 1 minute. Add peppers and
lightly saute for another minute.
Combine noodles, peas, pepper, shredded chicken
and dressing. Toss to combine.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Serve over Napa Cabbage if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment