We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, January 9, 2012

Chicken & Bacon w/ Pesto Panini's

While in all of our chaos, confusion and
complete mayhem,
our dinners were not always based purely on healthy fare!

I tried, I really did,
But man is it hard to be in transition,
in a huge mess,
in the middle of holiday mania
and feeling kind of Blue-
AND still maintain control of
every thing that goes in your mouth!
Can I get an Amen!
So while stuck in this chaos,
we ended up making these panini's a lot!
They aren't your tried and true PB&J
sandwich, but they are about as easy to make.

I let everyone make up their own little ramekin
so everyone gets exactly what they want
and there aren't a lot of piles of unwanted "stuff"
left over on the plates at clean up time.

Seriously, my favorite thing to serve these with
are kettle chips-
I know, SOOOO Healthy,
but they work for me, and when I am in a rush,
these work for everyone else in mi famille too!
When I am being good, we serve these with
a variety of veggie strips!

I usually plan my meals out in advance, so when I
grill chicken on the grill, I grill extra for the coming
few days. Same with the bacon, we fry a bunch up
on the weeks that I will use bacon in several meals.
I guess that's one reason I think these are so EASY to make!

The Recipe

chicken breasts- browned in whatever way you want
bacon- let it be a little more crispy for this recipe
cheese
spinach
red peppers
pesto- store bought or homemade
a very small amount of balsamic glaze
salt

Heat the cooked chicken & cooked bacon together.
Lightly toss with balsamic glaze (I use just enough to
add a zing to the sandwich)
On a tortilla shell, a flat bread or sourdough bread
lighlty coat one side with olive oil
 and the other side with a generous portion of pesto.
 Place olive oil side down on a panini grill, grill or
frying pan.

Layer the remaining ingredients onto the pesto side
of the bread of choice.
Top with second peice of bread, olive oil side facing up.
Grill to perfection.
Eat hot!
Say Yum!
And remember, it's not THAT far from Healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment