We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Three Kitchen Basics

Yesterday,
as I was running late,
because a simple, short trip to the library
turned into a mini adventure in the
cast out regions of Southern California
(I missed my exit,
which happened to be the last exit on
this strip of I-5 for 25 miles)
Yes we can all say
AAAAARGHHHHHH!
But the upside is that
I discovered a beautiful Lake I didn't even know
existed that close to me.

Anyway, back on task,
I was running late,
and it's the end of the month,
so we look a lot Old Mother Hubbard right now,
and my family was hungry and had 20 minutes to eat
before we headed off to the next destination.

I asked my husband to toss the leftover chicken
in the grilling basket
(our oven is still broken)
and to take a vote-
Chicken Caesar Salad or
Sundried Tomato Pasta??
I got home to a tie!

Well I did what any organized, functional mamma bear
would do,
Made Both!
So some had Chicken Caesar Salad
and some had
the Sundried Tomato & Chicken Pasta-
It was all leftovers or stuff I keep around for just such
emergencies and dinner was seriously AWESOME!

So as I pondered why on Earth is there such stress about
what's for dinner, when it can be that simple-
it hit me-
EVERY KITCHEN NEEDS COOKED CHICKEN,
COLORED PEPPERS
AND LETTUCE IN THE FRIDGE!
I think these three things could maybe solve world peace-
okay that's taking it too far,
but really with those few things,
you are ready for
Dinner on a Dime in a Few!
every single time you are crunched for time
Now who wouldn't want to be up for that?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment