We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Roasted Veggie & Steak Salad

I love a Girl Lunch Date!
I love the chit chat,
I love the laughter,
I love the stories,
but most of all
I love the connection with a girlfriend
who knows you pretty darn well.
Oh, and I do love the food :)

A few months ago, I went to one of
my normal haunts for lunch with the gals.
I went to order my favorite salad, but to my surprise,
IT WAS OFF THE MENU!!
Upon inquiry, the waiter explained it had been replaced
with a different salad.
"WHAT..."
He assured me that the new salad was really good,
so I tried it, but I was pretty skeptical,
it had steak in it, and I am not to big on
beef in my salads

Well, I fell in love. Oh. My. Gosh!
This is good!
Where once this restaurant was only a
hop, skip and a jump away,
the closest one is now quite a jaunt!

So I have been trying to make a copy cat,
this is NOT the final product, but we all
really liked it and I wanted to share it.
The potatoes are a bit of a surprise for a cold salad
I don't think you can ever go wrong with
zucchini or red peppers on the grill!
We used fresh Parmesan cheese, but I
didn't like it as well as the Bleu Cheese
notice the drop of dressing heading to it's final resting place
My daughter made the vinegar dressing from
some new vinegars I had just bought and it was
so divine.
The restaurant version leaves the meat
pretty rare, but I was cooking with a different
grill and ended up cooking it all the way through.

The Salad

Mixed Greens
Red Peppers (lightly grilled)
Zuchini (lightly grilled)
Baby Yukon Gold & Red Potatoes (roasted)
Bleu Cheese
Sirloin Tip Steak Strips (grilled to a medium rare)
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing or Make your own

The Dressing

2 TBSP. Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP. olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment