We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Just Not Finished Yet

The other day,
my daughter, Kelci had a party planned
in her French class.
All the kids were supposed to bring a
treat to share.
Because everyone does store bought,
we like to bring something fresh from home!

She had decided on this Blackberry Mango Salsa
and Pita Chips-
it was a perfect plan,
and she was ready to go.

She tried to make it by memory
while I was out running errands.
I got a frantic text
"Mom, I don't know what I did,
but the mango salsa tasted horrible
and I don't know what else to make"

She's a pretty capable little cook
and quite independent
so this text meant she really
NEEDED help.

When I got home,
I looked at what she had put in,
 what she had forgotten and said simply,
"It's not finished yet,
don't worry, it will be fine."

We finished adding the ingredients,
mixed it up,
and it tasted divine.
She came home and said it was all gone,
her French teacher couldn't stop talking about it
and wanted the recipe
PLUS
the teacher told all the other teachers about it
and they all wanted to taste it.
She was in Heaven.

It made me so think about how often we
get ready to throw in the towel and give up,
before we realize,
WE JUST AREN'T FINISHED YET!
I do this all the time when I am going
through a challenge or
faced with a change
(I was doing it just last week as a matter of fact)
that just seems to be getting bigger than I expected.
"IT'S JUST NOT WORKING OUT"
are common thoughts of mine.


But it IS working out,
your just not finished yet.

There is something you are missing,
some key ingredient that adds the
SPICE,
the SEASONING,
the ZEST you are looking for-
it's that last two ingredients or so,
that ties the whole thing together!
And if you don't see it through to the end
of the recipe--
you never enjoy what was truly meant
to be a masterpeice-
something to share with others,
and something they can't stop talking about,
something they want more of
and something that they will always
associate with you.

Don't give up now, says I,
there is something amazing just behind
the cupboard door!

No comments:

Post a Comment