We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let Go to Open Up

Today during yoga practice,
our coach was prompting us to think
of an intention for our practice-

She seemed to be reading my mind
"Do you need to stretch,
do you need a break,
are you over analyzing a situation?"

My answer seemed to be "Yes"
to everything that she said.
But than she said,
"Do you need to Let Go,
or do you need to Open Up?"

I got stuck on both,
I do need to "Let go",
but I also need to
"Open up"

So I set my intention on both.
Throughout my practice for the day,
I kept both ideas in my mind,
and I realized just how connected the two are.

You can't Open Up
to new experiences,
to emotions,
to relationships,
to life's beauty
if you haven't Let Go.

And conversely,
you can't Let Go
of old experiences,
of emotions,
of relationships,
to life's disappointments
if you don't Open Up.


I don't know why this struck me as
absolutely ground breaking,
but I couldn't stop thinking about how
the two ideas are completely
interrelated.


I love the song (I think it was the Seinfeld theme)
that says "Every new beginning comes from
some other new beginnings end.."
This has played through my mind all day,
I've been through new beginnings before.
I have seen the beauty of new friends,
new places,
new fronteirs.
But for some reason, I am practically
paralyzed at this new beginning.


I am definitely NOT suggesting I Let Go
of all the relationships formed before,
but I need to Let Go of whatever I am clinging to
that is preventing me from enjoying my moment right now.

And I need to Open Up 
to new relationships,
to new joys and to new opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment