We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spicy Orange Glazed Pork Chops

It was the perfect combination of flavors,
Tangy & Heat!
Ohhhhhhhhh,
it is a marriage arranged in Heaven
and brought to my kitchen!

I struggle with Pork Chops,
my family likes them,
I like them,
but I don't have a lot of ways
I like to cook them.
I love dried Arbol Chili Peppers,
and I love citrus,
so I combined the two for
this amazing dinner.
I'm not joking,
it was yummy-licious!

Spicy Orange Glazed Pork Chops
6-8 boneless pork chops
1/2 bottle of Orange Chipotle Grilling Glaze (I bought mine at Trader Joe's)
4 clementines
1/2 cup orange juice
Handful of Dried Arbol Chili Peppers
oil (I used Olive Oil)

Combine orange juice and olive oil in a 9 x 13 dish.
Peel and halve clementines; add to the dish
with the arbol peppers.
Let the pork chops marinade for several hours.

Grill the pork chops on the grill or you can 
pan fry them in a cast iron dutch oven.
(We still haven't replaced our grill, 
so I fried them and they worked fine)

These had such an awesome flavor. 
I will warn, the arbol peppers can get pretty spicy,
my 18 year old kept her drink close at hand.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment