We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Breakfast this morning was focused
on my desire to supply the fam
with protein, fiber and fruit
to start their busy days off with
the energy they would need to
go about their various activities.

I am desperately waging the war
against teenagers who think nothing
of skipping breakfast and lunch
and then devouring all their daily calories
+ some...
in the hours between school and bed!
It's just NOT HEALTHY I tell ya!!

What I have discovered is that as long
as I have it all out and ready,
I can get ALL of my kids
and my hubby,
down to the kitchen to eat together.

We sandwiched scrambled eggs
& turkey bacon topped with
a small amount of cheese
between two Whole Wheat English Muffins.
I served it with strawberries and a delicious
homemade juice smoothie!
 I used my juicer to juice some green apples
and 1/2 of a HUGE pineapple.
I dumped that in my blender with a frozen
blend of strawberries, papaya and mango.
I didn't blend it smooth,
so there was some chunkiness to the smoothie,
and because I added the frozen fruit to
the fresh fruit juice,
it was thick like a smoothie-
but had nothing but fruit goodness
to go down to our belly's.

It was a delicious way
to start our day.


No comments:

Post a Comment