We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring

I am a self confessed Over Doer of
Christmas decorations!
I have a tree in every room of the house,
If I had my way, lights would go everywhere,
and we have a zillion family traditions
centered around jolly old St. Nick...

but my FAVORITE time of the year is
most definitely SPRING!
Besides the bugs that seem to be HUGE in TX,
I love everything about Spring-

I love the blossoms on the trees,
I love the colors of newly planted flowers
and I love the sound and smell of a
Fresh Spring Breeze.

And I love days like today-
it is one of the first days of Spring
and it seems like all "To Do" lists
get totally pushed off to the side
and everyone begins an Exodus to the
great outdoors!

Today, we happened to be at
the Parthenon Park in Nashville-
The sun was shining,
it was a temperate 70ish degrees,
and the breeze was barely there-

This is the kind of weather that
encourages people to put on their walking shoes,
or just sit around for a bit,
Days like today bring people out to
kick a ball around,
 or fly a kite.
Some people might gather a bunch of friends for
a high paced game
or just have a quiet picnic.
People have time to chat with each other,
or just spend time hanging out.
Kids are riding bikes,
people are stopping to talk to strangers,
or cuddle up to someone they love.
It is the kind of day that rejuvenates,
recenters and restores all that gets a
little lost in the hectic pace
of busy life.

I really LOVE these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment