We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yummy Yummy Lunch

We had a great lunch Saturday!
Everyone was home,
we were working on some big projects
and I needed something "cleanse" appropriate.
We had some leftover
Roasted Rainbow
so I made the easiest soup EVAH!
We also had Chicken Sundried Tomato Panini's
which were DELICIOUS-
I didn't take a picture of just the panini, this is right before I put the 2nd piece of bread on
I didn't put my chicken on bread,
and it was delicious for me-
I was just glad to have chicken back in my diet again :)

Easiest, Yummiest Lunch ever!
And I got kudos from my kids for
it looking and tasting better then
the trendy restaurant in Dallas they went
to last weekend-
Not bad for a quick lunch fix!

The Panini

Brown and coarsely shred chicken breast
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes with oil
Spinach
fresh grated Parmesan Cheese

Brown the chicken, coarsely shred.
Place the sundried tomato in a food
processor and pulse the tomatoes.
Mix in with chicken. Add the spinach
and cook until the chicken is slightly
softened. 
Brush a small amount of olive oil
on bread (I used sourdough) and put on a
panini press. Top with chicken mixture, and
top with Parmesan cheese. Grill to toasted.

Enjoy

Roasted Rainbow Soup

6 cups chicken stock
leftovers from Roasted Rainbow
salt, pepper as desired

Heat 6 cups chicken stock in a large pot.
Remove half of the chicken stock and
place in a blender or food processor with
half of roasted vegetables. Pulse until
nicely pureed. Repeat with remaining
veggies and chicken stock. Return to
pot and heat thoroughly if needed.
Top with croutons or toasted Brioche bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment