We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Homemade "Magic Shell"

I took my littlest
to the grocery store on a Saturday-

Saturday at a grocery store
typically means SAMPLES!!

We don't usually try the samples,
but at my new favorite grocery store,
everything is made fresh,
and can I just say that their samples
are YUMMY!!

We stopped for a sample of
Homemade Magic Shell-
but what really got me to stop was
that they were making it from Coconut Oil!

If you haven't met Coconut Oil yet,
you need to go and grab yourself some.

We use it all the time-
in Stir Fry,
in Smoothies (but it does solidify a bit here),
to baste on chicken and shrimp,
and now we mix it with
chocolate chips,
or carob powder for the lactose intolerant
in our clan.

It was as easy as melting
1/4 cup Coconut Oil with
1/2 cup high quality chocolate chips
(or 1/2 cup carob powder)
and letting it melt together,
than pouring it over a nice bowl of ice cream.
Made with milk chocolate chips
You end up with a Coconut-y flavor,
which for me was dandy,
cuz I lika me some coconut!
Made with Carob Powder, very dark & rich
It was a little like a frozen almond joy,
minus the almond.
Ok, I can't say it is "Healthy",
but it was a lot of fun :)

There has to be balance right?

No comments:

Post a Comment