We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, March 5, 2012

Cleanse 2012- Menu

In a perfect world,
I would have taken pictures of all
the foods so far.
But it's not a perfect world
at my house,
and I wanted to put up the Menu for
the Dinner Meals that my family ate
while supporting me through
this cleanse.

It really is simple eating,
I won't be up for any type of
Culinary Nomination for this Menu,
but it might just help when planning
for your own cleanse.
It seems like it gets easier for me each time,
just because I know what recipes work,
what don't
and how to adjust.

Also, these are just our DINNER meals,
for Breakfast and Lunch I am kind of boring,
but I am okay with that. I eat a fruit smoothie
and a banana or other fruit every morning
with a protein supplement in it.
For lunch, I eat either leftovers from dinner,
a salad of some sort or raw veggies dipped
in guac or pico.

Days 1-11 
Fruits, Veggies, Olive Oil, vinegars 
& natural seasonings, with a ratio
of 2 veggies for every one fruit &
1/2 cup brown rice or lentils

1) Broccoli with Caramelized Garlic
2) Roasted Rainbow
3) Field of Greens Salad without chicken
4) Stir Fried Veggies w/ Brown Rice
5) Sauteed Tri-Color Peppers over rice
topped with guacamole (don't knock it till you try it)
6) Roasted Asparagus served with
this Thursday's post- a delicious Arugula Salad
7) Roasted Butternut Squash
served with Greens topped with berries &
a homemade pomegranate dressing
8) Jicama, pepper, cucumber slices served
with guacamole & Blackberry Salsa
9) Orange Scented Green Beans
and Veggie Salad (I topped mine with
olive oil, lemon juice & poppy seed dressing)
10) Spinach Salad with Roasted Carrots
served with 1/2 c. brown rice

Days 11-21


On Day 11, everything stays the same
but chicken & fish enter the menu. 
This time I wasn't trying to 
identify allergies, so I added nuts too.
Grilling should be done on electric grill
or broiled in oven.

*** By Day 11, I am usually feeling so
amazing that I am a little nervous to
add the chicken & fish. But I am
also getting a bit bored and ready
to have some substance back.

11) Albacore Tuna, served with
Salsa & Guacamole on a Brown
Rice Cake (again, don't mock it)
12) Grilled Chicken,
served with Roasted Asparagus
13) Pan Seared Salmon topped with
Olive Oil & crushed black peppercorns
topped with Guacamole & served
with Sauteed Peppers & spinach
14) Fish Primavera
15) Grilled Chicken marinaded in
olive oil, oranges, red pepper flakes,
(I just modified my Spicy Orange Glazed Pork Chops)
served with brown rice & veggie salad
16) Chicken & Veggie Fajitas (mine without
the tortilla shell) served with guac & pico
17) A very modified version of my favorite
Asain Chicken Salad
18) Blackened Salmon topped with
Apple Avocado Salsa &
Tomatoes Stuffed with broccoli slaw
19) Roasted Rainbow served with
Grilled Chicken strips
20) Spicy Vegetable Stir Fried Rice
21) Field of Dreams Salad with
the Chicken

Also, I love to make Mango Lime Smoothies
for desserts (swap sugar with stevia) when
I am feeling a little sorry for myself.
And I take a lot of long walks to get
out of my house when a craving hits-
because if you are like me, they will hit!

*** Usually by the end, I have dreamed of
what I am going to eat as soon as this
moment comes. But by day 21, I don't
want to do anything to impede the progress
I have made, so I am able to stay pretty
good until a stretch of birthdays or other
celebrations comes along- In my ideal land,
I could have a treat for said celebration
and stay on the healthy track. But
I am an addict in case you don't know,
so I struggle with that just a bit. I'm
working on it, that's all I can say

So I hope this helps. I get asked ALL the
time for my cleanse menus. I hope this
makes sense.
Good luck and here's to your health!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Nice blog!I’m an instant fan, I have bookmarked you and I’ll be checking back on a regular.See u.

    Salmon Fish Oil Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have you along.


    Treisha

    ReplyDelete