We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Why I Struggle to Avoid Treats

I am sure this seems completely silly to some!
I mean really,
how hard can it be to 
STAY AWAY FROM THE COOKIE JAR!
But it's just not that easy for me,
seriously,
I am not joking!
Seriously,
I AM NOT JOKING!

Okay,
Whew.................
Now that we have that established,
let's talk about why I think I have a problem.

First, I want you to know
that I actually really like healthy foods too.
I love salads, all manner of SALADS.
 I love fruits & veggies, and some days
I really want to be a farmer 
so I can eat like this all the time.

I prefer white meat over red,
don't care for many condiments
and I hardly ever drink soda!

When asked if our family eats healthy,
my daughter actually responded (IN PUBLIC)
by saying-
"I don't know how to answer that"
when met with an inquiring eye and for
elaboration, she said, 
"My mom feeds us healthy most of the time
to prevent the potential for
cardiac arrest and diabetes from all the
desserts she feeds us ALL the time."
she doesn't look like she is in too much pain over my abuse
Seriously, talk about being called out on your
biggest WEAKNESS of all time!

So what's the problem?
Well I've decided it quite simply lies in the fact
that I have been taught to LOVE sharing my
kitchen table and all the goods from my kitchen
with friends and family!
I like to host dinner parties,
 I like to bring plates of goodies to...
well ANYWHERE-
and I like to give goodies for holidays.

I like to cook with my kids 

Kamaron's cooking almost always involves BACON

Kaidon is dying to open a profitable lemonade stand with brownies this summer
and I like when they want to
take treats to their friends

There, I've said it!!
I LIKE to cook!

I can't say I am overly talented in any ONE area!
I am one of those people who is
"pretty good" at a lot of things,
but not "really" good at anything-

EXCEPT cooking!
 
Well, I'm good at creating memories,
but those usually involve cooking too-
so YEAH! mainly it's just cooking

When I am in the kitchen,
I feel creative,
I feel empowered,
I feel absolute JOY.
To top it off,
now all my kids LOVE to cook too,
so I feel a bond to my kiddos as well.
It's my creative out!
It's MY happy place!!

Alcoholics are supposed to absolutely
avoid those types of establishments and
social functions where alcohol is
easy to get to!

I just can't see myself avoiding the kitchen
or the new cupcake store that just opened down the road,
or the old cupcake store that reminds me of CA
or the next chocolate molten lava cake recipe that comes along-
or the new recipe for crumb cake I found yesterday
or.....
oh my gosh,

I JUST CAN'T SEE IT!

So now it's out,
my little secret.
I am a food junkie
in the worst way
because I like to share my food creations
with those I love most
(and sometimes those I don't know at all)

No comments:

Post a Comment