We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Dinner

I love Sunday's-
I love that we don't schedule anything
on Sunday if we can avoid it.

A long time ago, we started
the routine of everyone pitching in to
help make Sunday dinner,
and I have LOVED it!

The kitchen does get a little crowded,
but I feel that it helps the kids realize that
1) many hands make light work
and
2 ) if we all get in and get it done,
mom can be part of the relaxing
and family time later on rather
than STUCK in the kitchen :)

Things may not always work out
picture perfect, but I love that my
kids are in the kitchen at least one day
a week learning to cook
and more important-
learning to LOVE to cook!!

Oh yes, I love Sunday's!

Today we had a great and healthy dinner-
We had Apricot Glazed Salmon topped with
Apple Avocado Salsa
Grilled Carrots with Gremolato
ready to stir and put on the grill
Mixed Greens with Red Pear & Berries
My daughter makes divine homemade salad dressings

Kaidon and Kenedi had some Raspberry Chicken
because they refuse to eat Fish!

We cook Salmon a lot and honestly,
so far I haven't really met a Salmon recipe
I don't like-
but this one was my FAV (at least until the
next new thing I try)

Here it is and ENJOY!

Apricot Glazed Salmon

1/2 cup apricot spread
1 1/2 TBSP. dark brown sugar **
2 TBSP. balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
1/4 tsp. sea salt
cooking spray **
Additional brown sugar **

** I use Sucanat when I cook my Salmon in
place of the brown sugar. It has very few
calories, is a natural sweetener and I have
absolutely NO reaction to this sweetener.

Prepare the grill if you are going to grill them.

Combine apricot spread, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar
and red pepper flakes in a medium saucepan over
medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reserve 2 TBSP. sauce.

Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and some additional
brown sugar. Place the fish, skin side up, on grill
rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes.
Turn fish over; grill 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily
when tested with a fork. Basting the reserved sauce
on each side.

Spoon remaining sauce evenly on each fillet
right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment