We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, March 19, 2012

Post Cleanse- Now what?

I haven't written about it yet,
but the past few weeks have seen
me hit my Turning Point-
the point where they say people must
get to before they can make a lasting change
in their lives-

Well I think it is very likely that I have hit my
Turning Point-
and I will tell you about it
LATER!
I am still trying to gather my thoughts
and make a good, solid plan!

But in the mean time,
I am officially off the cleanse,
and now left to decide how I want to
proceed from here.

My cleanse actually ended half way through
spring break. Although I did alright,
I had a major cupcake issue and
I eagerly allowed sugar back into my diet!

My goal is to maintain a lot of the
cleanse thinking-
1) Eliminate processed foods and all
the fillers found in foods from a box!

2) Eat twice as many veggies as fruits

3) Encourage exercise as an an outlet for
stresses, emotions and toxins.

4) Get those who are suffering from the side
effects of our family diet that has been
so out of whack since we moved in November.
(We have weight gain, bloat, swelling, illness
insomnia and depression running rampant in
our home right now- all of which I believe will
improve with diet)

5) Eliminate ALL of the sugar that is currently
being offered as "Treats" in our home! By
definition a "treat" is "an event or an item that is out
of the ordinary and gives great pleasure"
It ain't a treat if it happens more than daily!

I have a few obstacles that I am facing:

1) I have four daughters and I firmly
believe the one of the worst things that a daughter
should see is her mother on a "diet",
and worse than that is being put on a "diet".
This isn't about a weight loss regime, it is
a refocus on health and wellness!

2) I have six people who eat lunch away
from our home, so I have to find foods
that are portable, healthy, likable and
easy to prepare same day or better yet,
the night before.

3) Seriously, not only am I a sugar addict,
but I have raised a bunch of mini addicts!
My kids are used to getting a treat if they
remember to breathe some days, so how do
I make this transition smooth rather than
torture?

4) I need to bring a good solid routine of exercise
back into my life because quite frankly, I KNOW
that exercise helps my lupus!
BUT, when I exercise, my metabolism shoots
through the roof and under eating and
gaining weight becomes an issue.

5) I hate being a Food Nazi in our home,
so I need to find a way to make this seem
as natural as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Love to hear your lunch ides. We have a few of the same issues. I've gone off of gluten and 98% of sugar. I know some of those changes would help some other family members, but I'm stumped how to get them to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will add lunch and snack ideas soon. When my doctor put me on a cleanse, I asked if it was ok to make the whole family do it too, even if I was the only one being monitored. She said it was ok and then predicted what we might discover with all 8 of us. We found 5 food allergies between us all and hubbies seasonal allergies went away while on it. But is was really hard on me because I had to be so ultra involved in everything we ate!

      Delete