We've Moved

We've moved - check out the new site at RestoringMyBalance.com

Friday, March 30, 2012

Veggie Lover Sandwich Wrap

In an effort to re-vamp the lunches
that the kids take to school
and to encourage
"more good stuff" into their
school day diet,
I have spent a busy week
waking up early to get
breakfast ready first
and than getting all the fixin's
out and ready so the kids could
come and prepare their lunches.

Think the Brady Bunch on steroids
as everything is lined up for the
kids to come and package up their
lunch bags.

Our favorite lunch was a
Veggie Lover Sandwich Wrap-
I was hesitant with this idea,
because I wasn't sure how they
would take eating just a Veggie Sandwich.
Who can complain when there is so
much goodness available to put
in the wrap?
I got no complaints when they saw
the plate full of veggies,
and only compliments
when they got home from school.
So I can say it was a hit on the home
front for sure.

Today, Karli confessed that she had
several people at school today tell
her how lucky she was to have such
good lunches all week!!
SCORE!

The thing I liked most was how the
work from that one morning
carried over for a few days-
the next day we had wraps with chicken-
the yummiest roasted buffalo chicken evah!

and I had everything ready for a fresh salad
at lunch.
I struggle with making & eating
lunch when I am home all day with no
one to prepare a meal for, so this
preparation was nice for me too.

It's Friday and I feel good about
everything the kids took to school
this week-

No comments:

Post a Comment